Our Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy at our center will help your child with independence and promote development of fine motor skills, sensory motor skills, and visual motor skills that children need to function and socialize in their home, school, play, and community environments. This is a therapeutic intervention that assists individuals in becoming as independent as possible in their life. For children their life occupations include playing, learning, attending school, interacting with others and exploring their environment.
- Training of activities needed for daily living. Some of these areas include: dressing, feeding, grooming, fastener manipulation, utensil use, and etc.
- Self- Regulation
- Handwriting Assessment and Treatment
- Therapeutic Brushing
- Home Programs
- Ocular Motor and Visual Perceptual Assessment and Treatment Sensory Processing
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Visual Motor Integration/ Visual Perceptual Skills
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills Development
- Upper body and fine motor strengthening (pencil grasp, scissor use, and more)
- Bilateral Coordination Skills and Balance
- Gross Motor Skills
- Attention and Organizational Skills
- Motor Planning and Praxis
- Body Perception/ Awareness in Space
- Frustration Tolerance/ Coping Strategies
- Sensory Defensiveness (auditory/tactile sensitivities)
- Boosting Self-Esteem while practicing Social skills, Peer Interactions, and controlling challenging behaviours
- Feeding Therapy includes: oral aversion, defensiveness, hypersensitivities, and pickiness
- We also have expertise in The Listening Program!
The Listening Program:
The Listening Program (TLP) is a music listening therapy that provides engaging brain stimulation to improve performance in school, work and life.
Listening to this psycho-acoustically modified classical music impacts a wide range of abilities such as reading, communication, learning, and memory. The 15 to 30 minute long daily programs are designed to stimulate or "exercise" the different functions of the auditory processing system. This better enables the brain to receive, process, store, and utilize information provided through the various soundscapes of our lives such as language, music, and the environment we live in.
At AutismFITT Club, we customize the auditory stimulation of TLP for listeners based on their specific needs. TLP has proven effective in improving function for listeners in a number of ways, and we're very happy to offer this effective, ground-breaking therapy to our clients.
We know that its important for you to get the right care for your child while working within the scope of your insurance plan. Our office will take the lead on determining coverage and finding the best options available with your plan. Call today for more information.
If you are still unsure whether your child needs occupational therapy, Addie’s AutismFITT Club can evaluate your child and see if your child is performing at the level he/she should be for his/her age.